Posted by: admin 2 weeks, 2 days ago
The freelancer work
The best freelance website is Fiverr, an online marketplace that aids individuals searching for freelance jobs and projects. It is the ideal platform for professionals such as graphic artists, writers and programmers as it does not only help them search for work but also charges a minimal fee. The system also gives freelancers the exposure they need to give their careers that needed boost.
Where can you get the ideal work or client? If you’re a freelancer, we can help point you in the right direction.
We know that freelance work has its perks and securing customers isn’t one of them. Marketing your services is indeed one of the most tedious tasks that you can face. This is where freelance websites come in.
However, websites offering freelance work come at varying degrees of reach, work types and payment terms. If you’re not careful, you can end up wasting time, effort and, worse, money on platforms with questionable standing.
That’s why we came up with this 20 best freelance websites for beginners and professionals, so you can weed out undesirables and focus on the most reliable ones. After all, time is money. Below, you’ll find it easy to compare the similarities and, more importantly, differences of each platform. Key features to consider include job types, payment terms and communication channels.
Freelance platforms will give you an edge when it comes to marketing while ensuring that all payments due you are accurate, transparent and on time. If you haven’t explored the possibility of using such a system, now would be a good time to start doing so, the stats favor freelance work.
Freelancing work is rife with benefits, among them flexible working hours and remote work. These and more make freelance work an attractive option for many professionals. Some even see freelancing as the future. In fact, according to the 2018 Freelancing America Report, 56.7% of America’s workforce is made up of home-based freelancers. These breed of professionals also see more career opportunities, with 42% saying it gives them the flexibility they need. However, the freelancing world is also littered with problems that if left unchecked could put such professionals at a disadvantage.
A study by PayPal has revealed that 58% of freelancers in Southeast Asia were not paid for their work at one time or another. These workers have also been found to suffer from late or lack of payments and ridiculously low offers. This has been attributed to many businesses’ perception of freelancers, often construing that they are giving the latter a favor by enlisting their services.
In any case, getting off on the right footing means using any or some of these top freelance websites.
Fiverr leads our 20 best freelance websites list. It is a freelance service marketplace designed to help individuals get started with freelance work. The service accommodates different types of professionals, including writers, programmers, and graphic artists, to name a few. It has been growing in popularity among freelancers as it charges them a minimal fee, making it a lot easier to look for freelance jobs.
Just about anybody can market their services through the platform as it does not require extensive technical skills. You can be a creative or technical professional and still be able to sell over Fiverr, which also gives you that needed exposure to boost your career. What’s even better is that the service sets you up in such a way that you actually make money for doing what you love most. You can also rest assured that your personal data are protected as the website never shares seller information to any other party.
If you wish to get access to premium tools, you may opt for their single enterprise pricing plan that starts at only $5 per job.
What’s Unique About Fiverr?
- Secure/Private Communication Channels. Fiverr values the privacy of the sellers and employers utilizing their application. Thus, they make use of state-of-the-art anti-fraud and data security measures. Other than protecting personal information, these measures also let users communicate and exchange files through a secure messaging system within the platform.
- Easily sell your services. The platform helps you market your service easily as it charges a minimal signup fee. Any freelancer can sell on Fiverr, which, incidentally is quite easy to use and does not require one to be that technology savvy.
- Secure personal data. You do not have to worry about unauthorized access to your personal details as the system keeps them safe and secure. Its use of your information is limited to helping buyers screen freelancer skills. No details are shared to any third-party so that you can rest assured that all your personal details are kept confidential.
A cloud-deployed global freelance platform, Upwork boasts of the largest job finders pool to date. It is the ideal place where freelancers can market their services, offering them highly-competitive rates. Effectively linking sellers to buyers, the website lets you secure the best deals while making sure that you work only for legitimate employers. You can sign up for the service for free, allowing you to test the solution before making a commitment.
What is unique about Upwork?
- Easy Billing. You can send billings to employers that reflect hours worked for hours-based contracts. To give your clients a bigger picture of what they owe you, the platform comes with a Work Diary, which is also useful for buyers as they are assured of accurate billing. It helps verify work hours rendered and track billable time.
- In-App Communication Channels. Coordinating work among workers–be it part-time or full-time is important to ensure the productivity of your operations. Communicate with your talents on-the-go using the in-app messaging tool of Upwork. Through this feature, you can provide feedback via text or video as well as share files with your freelancers. This feature promotes collaboration between employers and freelancers.
- Easy and Secure Payments. Freelancers get to receive payment as soon as a job is completed. This is because the system allows buyers to prefund their accounts for faster payments. This is apart from the system’s support of credit card payments and electronic payment gateways. You are assured that you get what you are owed on time.
Freelance service marketplace and crowdsourcing platform Freelancer.com was built to link buyers and sellers in a single location. It is popular among freelancers as it allows them to market their services easily, supporting professionals, creatives and technicals. If you are a freelancer, you can use the platform to bid on projects such as data entry, software development, writing, marketing, accounting and engineering, to name a few. Freelancer pricing plans are quite flexible with the system being offered in monthly and annual subscription packages.
What is unique about Freelancer.com?
- Safe and Secure Payments. This platform uses a milestone payment system that offers protection to all users of the site. It guarantees freelancers that the payment for their work is available and ready for release.
- Easy Progress Monitoring. The system helps you maintain work transparency with your clients by monitoring time spent on tasks, sharing data and letting them check on project progress. You can likewise connect to your clients as the platform comes with live chat functionality. You can likewise use this feature to update employers on project status.
- Fuss-Free Job Hunting Solutions. Using Freelancer.com, you can upload your skills profile for prospective employers to see. This way, buyers and sellers are effectively connected. Companies can choose from a myriad of sellers by allowing them to peruse their profiles and find the right individual for the right job. It likewise allows you to bid on the best projects quickly and easily.
4. Envato Studio
Freelancing website Envato Studio is built to promote collaboration among creatives, developers and designers and experts who are working on jobs. Freelancers can use the solution to offer a wide array of services from app development to animation to website design. You can work on just about any project there is, all you have to do is have the right skill set and the system does the rest. You can pick clients of your choice, be they small firms or large enterprises, Evato Studio will aid you on your hunt for a freelance job.
What is unique about Envato Studio?
- Easy-to-use Solution. Envato Studio is highly-intuitive and does not require you to be that technology-savvy. Once you land a project, you can easily collaborate with buyers using the app’s messaging feature. This allows you to come up with great output.
- Makes Project Hunting Easy. Because you get to upload your portfolios into the system, job hunting becomes a much easier undertaking. All it takes is to sign up for the service, upload your professional information and off you go. Once you upload your data, those hunting for freelancers can quickly find your profile and enlist your services.
- You can do your job better. Envato Studio is very useful in improving freelancer productivity. It does this by allowing employers to provide feedback in real-time. The project development process is also streamlined through the job management functionalities that come with the tool.
Freelance service marketplace PeoplePerHour allows professionals around the world to find work that are suited to their qualifications. It optimizes the way sellers connect with businesses while equipping them with a variety of tools that freelancing tasks require. It showcases numerous features that include proposal viewing, in-app messaging, account management and invoicing. PeoplePerHour pricing plans come in different plans such as monthly, one-time and quote-based payments and can suit individual freelancers.
What is unique about PeoplePerHour?
- Financial Protection. With PeoplePerHour, you do not have to worry about not getting paid on time as the platform requires buyers to make down payments before you start working on a project. This also protects buyers against the possibility of a freelancer not being able to meet job specifications.
- Regional recruitment. If you are a freelancer looking to work more comfortably, then PeoplePerHour is the right service for you. It allows you to look for buyers within your region, while facilitating better understanding between buyers and sellers.
If you are a finance expert, designer or software developer who is a top performer in your field and is very fluent in the English language, then Toptal is just the freelance platform you are looking for. This service helps freelance professionals connect with businesses looking for top talent. Whether you need a part-time, full-time or hourly rate jobs, Toptal can get it for you. It is ideal if you are a highly-skilled freelancer who is used to working in critical projects.
What is unique about Toptal?
- You can easily integrate with work environments. The service’s screening process ensures that you get compatibility with work environments. It also allows you to easily meld with work teams, helping you work efficiently. Toptal makes sure that you can adapt to certain collaboration and project management tools that buyers use.
- Trial period. Freelancers are given ample time to learn the ropes of the job, with the platform allowing for a trial period of a maximum of two weeks. This way, you can determine if you can sustain working on any project.
- Quick recruitment. With Toptal, you can quickly find projects to work on, provided that you have what it takes to get the job done. This is made possible by the platform’s commitment to finding buyers freelancers within three weeks.
Guru.com is a freelance platform that offers professionals a hassle-free way of finding jobs and projects by effectively linking skilled individuals and companies all over the world. It allows for region-specific job posting while accepting a vast selection of job categories. You also get to easily communicate with employers as the solution comes with a powerful dashboard that facilitates such. It is also able to streamline all project management tasks so that businesses can better handle projects. These tasks include document sharing and crafting payment deals.
What is unique about Guru.com?
- Robust Dashboard. Project management is a breeze with Guru.com, as it allows users to set tasks and communicate with their workers with a singular dashboard. As a freelancer, this benefits you as you can easily receive key tasks, updates and even documents, keeping you in the know. Private communication with clients can also be done from the dashboard.
- Easy and Secure Payments. Finding a job using the platform assures you of timely and accurate payments. This is because the service automates payments, regardless if they are under recurring payment, hourly or fixed-price agreement. Payments are kept secure while enabling both parties to file disputes and request for refunds.
- Long-Term Relationships. Freelancers are rewarded with long-term client relationships as Guru.com keeps tabs on capable workers who are seen to effectively carry out projects. This allows you to work with the same employers in the future.
Primarily a custom design marketplace, DesignCrowd helps organizations and companies use crowdsourcing to transform their ideas into reality. If you are a freelance designer, you can easily submit design proposals through the site, which can easily be seen by buyers from all over the world. The service hosts more than 600,000 freelance designers to help companies find content for design contests. The service charges a meager $79 for a buyer to post a design contest, making room for more than 50 designs from different artists. Job searches also get to have quick results, with deadlines ranging from 3 to 10 days. Designs can be shortlisted while buyers are able to provide feedback to designers.
What is unique about DesignCrowd?
- Market Your Designs. You get to submit your designs and make your work known to prospective buyers. But what makes things even better is that you can submit multiple designs with the system for contests with longer deadlines allowing for more submissions.
- Total Design Process. You’ll never lose yourself in the design process as the service requires buyers to submit a design brief, making sure all submissions are aligned with their respective plans. To further you keep on track with client specifications, the platform accommodates buyer feedback and even calls for revisions.
- Easy Freelancer Payments. Design professionals are assured that they get paid on time with the system supporting a variety of payment methods. Also, payments can be made in different currencies.
Cloud-based freelance platform Nexxt is designed to connect highly-skilled professionals and businesses looking to hire great talent. Freelancers can easily hunt for highly-suitable projects and jobs by simply going through advertisements and position descriptions displayed by the system. You can choose from a variety of business clients, which range from small to large enterprises. Communication between clients and professionals are also improved, allowing both parties to work more harmoniously.
What is unique about Nexxt?
A central hub for freelance talent. For skilled professionals in search of both long- and short-term projects, Nexxt is the right plaform to be. All you have to do is sign up for the service and you’re good to go. Of course, you will need to provide the platform your professional details. In case you are the hands-on type, you also have the option to browse for available jobs right from the system.
- Easy Job Search. You can easily search for projects and jobs that are tailored to your qualifications as the solution promotes job positions through best advertising practices. You can use your own logo, provide personal and contact information while being able to provide clients with detailed reports of your activities.
- Better Communication. Nexxt facilitates improved communication between buyers and sellers. This allows for better working conditions as clients can check on project progress and give valuable feedback.
Professional designer marketplace DesignContest is designed to help artists, businesses and organizations create design contests as a means to gather designs to reflect their brands. It’s a place where designers from all over the world can submit their work for buyers to choose from.
With the service, you can easily market your designs to notable clients while joining the ranks of highly-talented professionals who use the platform. It is highly-recommended for freelance designers, providing them with a conducive work environment where collaboration is promoted.
What is unique about DesignContest?
- One Platform for Designers and Buyers. DesignContest brings together professional designers, organizations and businesses in a single platform. It essentially serves as a marketplace where freelancers get to sell their services to buyers looking for professionals to render design work for them.
- Impeccable Reputation. Because designers are screened and pre-qualified to meet the service’s standards, you get to showcase your work to prospects. DesignContest is also known for having over 160,000 designers.
- Long-Term Relationships. The platform gives you the opportunity to establish sustainable client relationships. Clients who find your work satisfactory are allowed to reenlist your services in future projects.
Freelance platform TaskRabbit is known for its same-day service capabilities. It allows both professionals and companies to run more errands more quickly and efficiently. If you are a freelance worker, you can use the platform to search for all kinds of jobs, which include yard work, housekeeping, grocery delivery and even furniture assembly. TaskRabbit enables you to communicate with clients, who can describe to you the services they require. To make the job much easier, the platform also informs you when a task is due.
What is unique about TaskRabbit?
- Secure Deals. TaskRabbit allows you to conduct all transactions online regardless if you’re using a desktop computer or mobile phone. You can easily view job posts and receive payments securely upon completion of a task.
- Market Your Skills. The platform lets you market your skills to a prospective client with ease. All you have to do is sign up for the service and provide the system with your professional info.
- Improved Communication. The solution lets you connect to clients quite easily, resulting in more efficient and error-free work.
A platform created to connect freelancing professionals with entrepreneurs, crowdSPRING is targeted at creatives looking for great projects. It is popular among many designers, offering them the opportunity to showcase their skills. This assists them in their entry to the world of online professionals. It hosts more than 200,000 creative talent and is used by at least 50,000 businesses worldwide.
What is unique about crowdSPRING?
- Detailed Guides. The vendor has included comprehensive guides that include tips that make sure that you don’t lose your way in your quest for clients. It gives you an idea on how to deal with customers and even come up with a name for your business.
- Outreach Programs. The service allows nonprofits and charities worldwide to post design projects every few months. You can join in these charitable activities by submitting your designs. It’s a great way to display your skills while being able to help the needy.
Job marketplace Hireable.com is a place where freelancing professionals can hunt for projects for free. Job hunting is made easy as the platform comes with a search engine that yields numerous results with just a few mouse clicks. You can even use a single keyword to conduct a successful search, accelerating the job search process.
What is unique about Hireable.com?
- Automated Notifications. Hireable.com comes with a feature that notifies job seekers of newly-posted job offers. This way, you get to know about new jobs and see if your skills match the positions being offered.
- Quick Web Search. The system has a robust search engine that gives freelancers quick results whenever they conduct job searches. It is so powerful that even a single keyword can display multiple results from different industries while the use of numerous words can narrow your searches significantly.
- Job Recommendations. The platform recommends the right jobs to the right individuals. It doesn’t matter if a job offer comes from different companies, you get notified of the posting as long as the job description matches your skills. What’s even better is that all your personal data are kept secure with shared information limited to those you give out to companies.
Essentially a forum designed to link writers, editors, content strategists, translators and proofreaders, WriterAccess allows freelancers to post talent profiles that include work portfolios for prospective clients to see. This lets buyers accurately evaluate professionals and see if they suit their projects. It comes with content creation features that help both talent and companies come up with beautiful and compelling content, which can be published directly to external platforms.
What is unique about WriterAccess?
- Comprehensive Content Creation. WriterAccess offers professionals powerful content creation tools that include keyword optimization, research, analytics, easy order forms and Getty images. This allows freelancers to create great content, which can be published to other platforms like Hootsuite, WordPress, Drupal and HubSpot, to name a few.
- Professional Teams. Using the platform allows you to join a team of highly-skilled professionals where each member gets a star rating using past work experiences, customer reviews, online test results and industry certifications as basis. High ratings give you more chances of getting hired.
- Multimedia Resources. Writer Access has numerous visual, audio and audio-visual content that are of great help to both creatives and marketers. Such come in the form of podcasts, books and webinars, among many others. The great thing about these resources is that they can be downloaded absolutely for free.
Freelance platform 99Designs is popular for the flexibility and global reach that it provides to professionals. If you are a design professional with good skills, then the platform is the right place for you. It will help you find the right project as the system is backed by an extensive business community motivated by growth. 99Designs has four distinct locations in four continents worldwide.
What is unique about 99Designs?
- Comprehensive Resource Centers. The website comes with a variety of resource centers that are very useful both to freelance designers and entrepreneurs. They provide tips on how to get the most out of designers while advising buyers on how to go about starting a design context. Creative professionals also get to improve their skills using the system’s tutorials, toolkits and interviews with known designers.
- Partner Services and Affiliates. 99Designs’ affiliates and partners have helped by providing discounts. They also offer assistance in website design, education and design.
Freelance website Catalant assists professionals by helping them connect to the right businesses who are in need of their services, making use of an agile operating model to accelerate the work process. It employs machine learning and artificial intelligence to enhance the system with functionalities that include content similarity, collaborative filtering and knowledge management. If you are a freelancer, you are given the chance to join a rich talent pool where you can market your skills to a variety of companies.
What is unique about Catalant?
- Agile Operating Model. The system can easily adapt to changes and demands while promoting innovation and improving efficiency.
- Project Workspace. Catalant comes with a workspace where freelancers and businesses can communicate and collaborate.
- Different Project Types. It supports diverse types of projects such as social media advisory, marketing analysis, business plans, financial projections and research.
Bark is a web-based platform that is aimed at reforming the work landscape for local sellers and buyers. Designed to prevent businesses and freelancers from wasting time on search engines and directories, this application uses smart people and technology who will put your best interests first. All you have to do is let them know the services that you can offer Bark will find you the ideal buyer.
What is unique about Bark?
- Job Hunting Made Easy. For freelancers, the platform makes job hunting a lot easier as it serves as a link between you and prospective employers. It does this by contacting buyers on your behalf. In doing so, it also makes sure that you land the job or project that’s perfect for you.
- Secure Communication. Bark allows you to communicate with your clients seamlessly with its Bark messenger. This tool manages all conversations where you can share job estimates and receive contact details.
- Wide-Array of Freelance Jobs. What’s great about the system is its support of different kinds of freelancers. Jobs available include writing, transcription and translation, web design, pet, and personal services, to name a few.
An online community where graphic designers and companies can work together, Designhill helps creatives to come up with eye-catching work. As a freelance graphic designer, you can put your talent to work in different categories, including website and app development, clothing and apparel, social media, and brand identity. It also helps you in your search for projects as the platform accommodates a vast array of companies looking for freelance designers.
What is unique about Designhill?
- Multiple Job Opportunities. Professionals have tons of freelance graphic design jobs to choose from. These include one-to-one projects, design contests, custom design services, the readymade logo store, and small design tasks.
- Comprehensive Project Packages. Designhill’s services come in different comprehensive packages: Fast Track, Standard, Executive, and Platinum. Each has common features like the 100% money back guarantee, while the premium ones have more perks depending on the price. Some of these include blog promotions and free paid invites.
- Showcase Your Designs. With Designhill, you can showcase your work before a wide audience, allowing you to bid on the best projects. A myriad of industries have been relying on the website for their design needs, which gives you a greater chance of securing a deal.
While mainly a content marketing solutions provider for businesses and media companies, Skyword is a platform that also caters to freelancers looking to work in creatives. From writers and media influencers to videographers and graphic designers, Skywood can provide enterprises with a pool of professionals best suited for their campaign’s requirements.
What is unique about Skyword?
- Streamlined Work Process. While plenty of platforms have several functions to use, finding the specific one that suits your needs at that exact moment can take up lots of time. Skyword’s system offers a comprehensive yet streamlined process where you can create your campaign from scratch, staring at the naming stage to maintaining consistent audience engagement.
- Multitasking Tools Available. Skyword offers more than campaign creation and organization utilities. Freelancers can help entrepreneurs optimize their content through keywords, schedule the publishing of posts on social media sites, archive changes made to the content and when, access bird’s-eye and drill-down marketing metrics, view performance reports generated by Skyword, and much more.
- Inclusivity of International Customers. Even as Skyword is headquartered in two different locations in the US, this provider caters to clients worldwide. If a company’s chosen content writers from different countries need to reach out to its foreign audience, Skyword’s system can assist as needed. Moreover, this site accepts payment in various currencies, and the number keeps growing as more businesses and professionals around the world join and use this service. This just means that you can get a deal regardless of your location.
Freelance marketplace Gigster is designed to serve as a link between freelance app developers and companies. When you enlist with the platform, you get to join the ranks of experienced talents who have worked in tech companies and who are experienced in building custom apps. Some of the freelance professionals working with the platform are startup founders while many came from schools like Stanford and MIT. Among their recognitions are creating apps that have won awards from Apple.
What is unique about Gigster?
- Quality Talent. The app developers who sell through the platform are experienced and qualified. They came from reputable schools and have experience with various tech companies. This is why selling through the website gives your professional image that needed boost.
- AI Assistance. When you work on a project, you get to enjoy assistance from artificial intelligence that the platform employs. This results in faster project assembly time while accuracy is ensured as the system comes with a code library that you can access at any given time.
How to Benefit From Freelancing Platforms
If you are just starting out as a freelancer, there are some things that you might want to consider before diving into the fray. Doing so would help you avoid the mistakes that most new freelancers often make. Understanding freelance platforms entails benefits that could greatly improve your career. And the most important of these is marketing. So far, the best place to market freelance services is still freelance platforms. Now, this may not be so for established freelance professionals but this isn’t the case for newbies.
As a rookie, you can learn a great deal from signing up with such platforms. These include proposal writing, which is very effective in establishing the ideal profile. You can also build a reputation on such platforms as they allow for customer reviews. If you play your cards right, positive reviews will pile up leading to more and more clients and projects. But make no mistake, these sites are but designed to help you secure clients. It is still your performance that will matter at the end of the day. Different freelance platforms offer different benefits. Try signing up for a couple of services and see what works for you. You can sign up for the Fiverr free trial here.
And there you have it, the 20 best freelance websites as ranked by our experts. These platforms are bound to help you in establishing or furthering your career as a freelancing professional. Signing up for a service means you no longer have to make phone calls or email clients. But don’t just jump into a deal yet, go for free trials where available and see if these websites work for you. For those of you who want to get into the big league, eCommerce solutions may be the way to go.